I’m very excited to announce a two-part event coming up as part of this year’s BC Craft Beer Month:
Sunday October 19th, 2014 at the River Market.
810 Quayside Drive, New Westminster.
Part I: Wort Day on the Quay:
From 11am to 5pm, eight different homebrewers from Brew Westminster will be making eight different batches for a public brewing demonstration. This will be happening just outside the River Market on the quay in New West. See how the all-grain brewing process is done. Mash tuns, Brew-In-A-Bag, some fancy equipment and some good beer in the making! This is a great opportunity to talk to some really experienced and helpful homebrewers. Or just come hang out and take in the delicious aromas of malt and hops!
Part II: Hoptoberfest
This event is FREE but we thank you to please register your attendance HERE:
Join us for an evening of craft beer indulgence and education. Barley’s Homebrewing Supplies and the River Market present: Hoptoberfest starting at 6:00pm inside the main area of the River Market in New Westminster. This licensed event is free to attend with local craft beer on site available to purchase. Listen to presentations from several local beer experts and enthusiasts. Each guest speakers will talk for approximately 10 minutes on a variety of beer-related topics. We have a great line-up!
- Chester Carey – Certified Cicerone
- Julia Chalifoux – Creator and Publisher of BC Craft Beer News
- Adam Chatburn – President of Vancouver’s Campaign for Real Ale society (CAMRA)
- Daniel Collins – Hop industry savant (Brew Culture)
- Ben Coli – Founder and Head Brewer at Dageraad Brewing
- Jorden Foss – Co-founder of Steel & Oak Brewing Co
- Dan Helmer – Co-founder and Head Brewer at Moody Ales (opening soon)
- Rob Kwalheim – Co-founder and Head Brewer at White Rock Beach Beer Company
- Chris Lay and Diana McKenzie – Founders of Callister Brewing (opening soon)
There will also be a raffle for some awesome prizes! Proceeds from the raffle will go towards a structure on which the Brew Westminster hops will grow on the quay.