We have expanded our malts and grain section to include the following:
- With a Lovibond of 550, Midnight Wheat from Briess contributes deep, rich brown and black tones without bitter, astringent, dry flavours or aftertaste. It can be used as a replacement for debittered black malt. It is described as the smoothest of the roasted malts with a sweet start and an exceptionally clean finish. Recommended for Schwarzbier, dark lager, black ale or any time you want to add that dark colour without contributing bitter flavours or aftertaste.
- With intense malt sweetness, Honey Malt has been patterned after German Bruhmalt and is well suited for use in brown ale and strong ale, among others.
- A dark roasted aromatic malt with subtle flavours of coffee and chocolate.
- Mash-ready rice flakes will provide a light, crisp finish to your beer. Can be used in amounts of up to 25% of grist total.
- Mash-ready rye flakes will lend a dry, crisp character and a strong rye flavor. Infrared roasting gives these flakes their unique toasted flavor. Can be used in amounts of up to 20% of grist total, but 5-10% is preferred.